Resources for Siblings
Being the brother or a sister of a kid with Down syndrome is a very special experience—but also can mean the need for a little extra support now and then. DSAMn offers the following resources for siblings, both in specialized support plus links to helpful online information.
Sibling-to-Sibling Connection is available to connect you with other siblings your same age.
Sibling Workshops are offered several times a year. This 3-part workshop series is offered to siblings of various ages. Facilitator Brian Donovan is a sibling and the award winning producer of Kelly’s Hollywood, a documentary about his sister Kelly, who had Down syndrome.
Webinars and conferences
Webinars and conferences give siblings of all ages access to trusted experts and the latest, most up-to-date information.
In addition, we’ve gathered helpful resources below, plus you can reach out to us with any specific questions or needs.
- Arc of Minnesota: Promoting and Protecting Rights of All
- Minnesota Governor’s Council on Developmental Disabilities: Info, Education and Training
- Minnesota State Council on Disability: Advisors to Legislators
- PACER Center: Parents Helping Parents Expand Opportunities
- Partners in Policymaking: Teaching Parents to be Advocates